Sinister: the voice of pessimism...

Katrina at xxx.net> Katrina at xxx.net>
Fri Oct 17 14:50:59 BST 1997

Andrew Dean wrote:

> >the magic number is 25!!!
>
> >We get mid-weeks everyday now for some reason, and even
> >though 25 looks good, the position was 17 for Monday's
> >sales and 22 for Tuesday's.
>
> um, i think it's going to be very close. the numbers seem to
> be slipping daily and i think that's purely because of the
> low stock levels that the shops are ordering. come saturday,
> when i guess the bulk of a week's records are sold, you just
> won't be able to find '3, 6, 9...' on the shelves anywhere
> and people will have to resort to buying another copy of
> that elton john record (the one that i still haven't heard
> more than 20 seconds of but i guess i'm just lucky), or that
> one that goes on about tangoing the foxtrot or something. or
> that one which destroys 'life in a northern town'.

Well, it's dropped again to number 27.  I've spoken to our pluggers, and
apparently TOTP generally don't play it, unless it's inside the 25, so
it may not happen.  The band were originally going to play "Century",
however as TOTP only play 3min tracks, they have pretty much decided
that is they get asked to do it, then it'll be "Le Pastie", as that's
3min1sec long (or something). I will be so disappointed if they don't
get asked ... and I know the band will be too, considering how negative
they usually are, this is obviously really inportant to them ... ho hum.

> oh, and on ceefax this morning i noticed a list of bands on
> this week's totp and b&s weren't there. can't remember who
> exactly were playing but jayne middlemarch (or whatever) was
> presenting. um, ceefax page 560 something for details (565 i
> think), it's a sub page of the chart rundown.

isn't that for who's on tonight?

there's going t be an interview with Richard and Stuart D. in the NME in
2 weeks time, I think Neil and Chris may have also said a few things
too, but you never know what's happening with B&S :)  Also, a Rebellious
Jukebox from the Murdoch himself in Melody Maker soon-ish too.  Just
keeping you all up-dated!

> oh, katrina, got laura's mail. ta. it was actually paul that
> was enquiring but i need the info too so... have given her
> his address.

I couldn't remember Paul's site's address when I was talking to her, so
I just said it was the one that used the cartoon which had a link from
David's site ... i'm sorry, i'm a girl and i can't remember these long
backslash underscore at colon dot thingies ... that's what boys and
bookmark's are for!

Guess who's going record shopping tomorrow ... (ONLY JOKING!!!)

> andy
> dipsy: "wassat?"
> tinky winky: "guitar. run away!"

Mr Dean ... don't worry, i was only going to be silly (shut up you silly
girl i hear you all say!)

Cheers,
Katrina.

ps - anyone know a cure for sneezes?