Sinister: tour diary: part 2

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Mon Oct 20 17:53:45 BST 1997

>From the Melody Maker, October 18th 1997:

Hello wee Karn. This is Bel. I like the Angel Orensanz. He
gave me two souvenir T-shirts for free! Angel owns the very
pretty synagogue where we played and he's a sculptor like
you. He is tall and twinkly and around 50 years of age. The
Angel Orensanz Arts centre is quite rusty and untidy and
unsafe.
It is pastel green and gold. They are looking for money to
restore it. Before Angel took over it was an unofficial home
for punks. They must have had fun listening to the Sex
Pistols and swinging from the balconies.
New York is tall and generously proportioned with many
poised, civilised and elegant people. Our hotel is even
worse, I think it's the music television mecca of the city.
It is 'delicately' lit for night vampires and I'm often
walking into things. The doorman's budgies are dead and
their shoulders are artificially very high. In Scotland, I
rented "Annie Hall" with a friend. Everything seemed so much
better then. Maybe soon I'll have less MTV, more Central
Park. I hope so.
Anyway, here's Mick...

(mick'll be here tomorrow)

andy