Sinister: huh?

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 20 17:19:26 BST 1997

superbob wrote:

> alright, regarding the top ten.....i'm not even
> gonna attempt it. but i
> do have a question. i've recognized all the
> songs (unreleased and
> released) except for one. what the hell is
> "pocketbook angel"?

unreleased as far as i can see, seems to have been
doing the rounds for a looong time.  well from
around, um, spring or whatever.  i can't remember
exactly when i first heard it.  i link it with the
very marvelous 'Hurley's Having Dreams' and
'London Has Let Me Down' because they're all
together on my mini-disc copy :-)  All three are
great tunes of course, but 'Pocketbook' is
particularly scrummy.  Strange enough, just
playing it this very afternoon on the way home,
and always smiling at that line, does it really go
'she just want's to be goofy'???  i do so hope
so.  And then there's 'all the kids have got
pocketbooks, i guess it's the way it looks,
they're cosmopolitan diaries.'  Yum.
my top ten is a comin' soon.

duke.

--