Sinister: tour diary (part 3)

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Tue Oct 21 11:19:47 BST 1997

from the melody maker, 18th october 1997

Yeah, hi, it's Mick. I think the best thing I've done is go
with Andy Symington to a gig at the top of the World Trade
Center - 107 floors up. The Dust Brothers DJd; the music was
like the Hi Karate DJs. And Beck was there - he's such a
shortarse; and Marilyn Manson - who looks like he still
lives with his mum.
A cool band called Ten Cents played. Their singer is a bit
like Gwen Stefani - and they played a song about a red
rubber ball bouncing down the road.
Then Sukia came on. They're great - all porn wigs and
moustaches. They play porn music too, on moogs. At the end,
one guy ripped off his top and jumped into the crowd. And
then view out the window was amazing. So that was that. I'll
pass you on to...

(chris. tomorrow)

um, i was about to complain about the lack of string bean
jean in peoples' top 10s but then someone remembered to
include it...

news from teletext this morning: belle and sebastian have
started recording their new lp. yeah, like 3 months ago...

andy