Sinister: TOTP

Hopkins T t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 21 11:13:00 BST 1997

A few musings on TOTP.

1) I am gutted that B&S won't be on. (I take it we are assuming that
sales will decline this week as the fan-base only buy one copy each?)
2) The reason I a gutted is because they would have looked so out of
place in that studio.
3) The reason I am gutted is because I would have loved to see the pop
thrill of B&S in its rightful place, cheek-by-wotsit with the savage
heart of nineteen ninety seven pop music.
4) TOTP is about big, out pop records. I love pop music. Although  they
dont send me like B&S, give me the Spice Girls and Aqua a hundred times
out of a hundred if the alternative is the worthy, heads down dullness
of rawk and roll sleepwalkers like Ash. Even (cough) the vile Peter
Andre is preferable to that.
5) If TOTP turned into some kind of haven for alt. rock, I would cry.
And perhaps stamp my feet.
6) Get with the pop programme, kids! It's about what's wrong and right.
(This may be a lie).

TimH

 ----------

> Tune in tho', if you fancy:-
> 	Tina Moore

NO! NO! NO!
> 	Aqua

F**K OFF!!!!
> 	Ash

Ah,that's better.
> 	Brand New Heavies
> 	Jimmy Ray
> 	Clock

What was I saying?

> 	Smashmouth

Good,getting better.

> 	exclusive Spice Girls footage from India
> 	911
> 	Peter Andre

Not.