Sinister: TOTP and Stylophone

Katrina at xxx.net> Katrina at xxx.net>
Tue Oct 21 11:25:54 BST 1997

P. Miller / A. Ubieta wrote:

> Stylophone fact: Rolf Harris didn't just lend his name and
> demonstration talents
> ( "Water..kids love it!")
> to the Stylophone, he was actively involved in its
> conception and development. Rolf has a long standing
> interest in experimaental music, as is shown by his
> involvement with Joe Meek stars The Tornados. So he's not
> just some wobble board playing plonker. At a concert
> during the ill-fated "Brian is Back" campaign, the Beach
> Boys suffered a serious theremin malfunction during "Good
> Vibrations". Luckily, a member of the road crew had been
> practising with his Stylophone earlier in the day, and
> immediately rushed it over to Mike Love, who made a few bad
> jokes and then proceeded to play it during their second
> attempt at "Good Vibrations". Unfortunately, he had trouble
> holding the Stylophone up to the microphone, playing it in
> the correct sliding manner, AND singing all at the same time.
> Carl had a fit of the giggles and Brian looked on bemused,
> soon to revert to his hermit-like existence.
>
> So it's not just Belle and Sebastian who have problems with
> their Stylophone on stage. It can happenn to anyone.
>
> Peter

Hmm, Peter, do you own a Stylophone?

If not, maybe we could all save our pennies, so that Peter has a lovely
brand new Styophone for Xmas, and we can hear his very own Stylophone
mishap stories instead of Rolf Harris & the Beach Boyz...

...sorry, the stories are cute really :)

I want one!

Anyone got any good B&S promo ideas for the new EP?  Outrageous,
expensive, just eye-catching stuff, please mail the list!

Cheers,
Katrina.

ps Peter, thanks for the gossip!!!