Sinister: session at west 54th (no real news but...)

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Tue Oct 21 18:57:54 BST 1997

someone sent me this:
http://www.sessionsatwest54th.com
which tells you when the recently recorded tv thing will be
broadcast. actually the sessions listed only go up to the
middle of november and there's no sign of b&s although the
same person (rboge at ix.netcom.com) told me "December 27th".
(tindersticks coming up shortly btw)

also on the site is a little gadget where you can vote for
which songs you want broadcast.

oh, and very little mention of 'is it wicked' in these top
10s too, shame on you all.

and whilst i'm here, a couple of little things:

'expectations' was played live at the sunday gig in NYC
recently (someone was asking). it's the same gig where he
said 'you're very quiet', 'no, we like that' (someone else
was asking)

and there wasn't a problem with the stylophone as such at
the glasgow gig, it was the microphone that wasn't turned
up. sarah noticed just before she was about to start and
popped over and said something to the sound man who turned
it on but it wasn't loud enough and it got drowned amongst
everything else. they've not played it since (to my
knowledge) which is a pity as it's a fave.

oh, and manchester dates between christmas and new year's is
possibly the worst idea i've heard in a while - traveling
(on public transport at least) at that time of year is
nothing but trouble. expensive too. and finding accomodation
too, a nightmare.

any news about france? it's a pity about the gig on the 10th
- that would be 7th gig (and 4th country) in 364 days for me
(the gig with arab strap at the borderline being last
november 11th). it's just i've got to book holidays
shortly...

moan, moan, moan
andy
i'm bored. you probably are too after reading this. sorry.
perhaps i should spend my time looking for other occurances
of the words 'kate' and 'dornan' 8)