Sinister: Beautiful.......?

Kelso KELSO at xxx.com
Tue Oct 21 18:02:17 BST 1997

So last nite I'm on the phone with my friend, john, at 1230
am.  He suggests that we listen to the 3..6..9 ep in synch
together.  So we do...i get all excited about that "La Pastie..."
song because the more I hear it the more I love its spaghetti
western-ness and all.  When "Beautiful" comes on, John gets
all excited because he say that it reminds him very much of
me....what I'm wondering is, is that a good thing?  I mean the
refrain, afterall, is:  "Beautiful, only slightly mental....."

Also about all this whining and wondering about the Top of
the Pops....I'd love for Belle & Sebastian to getall the respect
adn praise that they can, but I'm fairly certain that the
program is called TOP of the Pops for a reason, and if you
aren't literally the top, you aren't invited, right?  You guys in
the UK should consider yourself lucky that a band like Belle
& Sebastian are even mentioned when discussing charts and
the like.  here in the US our stupid radio/record sales charts
are all cluttered with talentless fools......here, check out this
past weeks Top Ten singles according to Gavin, the radio
trade magazine's Top 40 chart:
1 Sugar Ray       "Fly"
2 Jewel               "Foolish Games"
3 Matchbox 20    "Push"
4 LeAnn Rimes   "How Do I Live"
5 Paula Cole       "I Don't Want to Wait"
6 Boyz II Men      "4 Seasons of Lonliness"
7 Backstreet Boys "Quit Playing Games With My Heart"
8 Robyn              "Show Me Love"
9 Third Eye Blind  "Semi-Charmed Life"
10 Sarah McLachlan  "Building a Mystery"

--kelso
NYC