Sinister: TOTP and Stylophone

P. Miller / A. Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Tue Oct 21 19:03:16 BST 1997

Katrina at Jeepster wrote:

> Hmm, Peter, do you own a Stylophone?

I used to have one when I was little, hence the unnatural
fascination with this Sinclair C5 of the musical world. The
only thing I could play on it was Skater's Waltz. My mother
said it sounded like Sooty and Sweep.

The Stylophone website seems to be out of order, but there
are theremins aplenty out there.

> If not, maybe we could all save our pennies, so that Peter
> has a lovely
> brand new Styophone for Xmas, and we can hear his very own
> Stylophone
> mishap stories instead of Rolf Harris & the Beach Boyz...

I'd really like one. I've got a kiddie's xylophone on which
I play the first bit of "Till I Die" by the aforementioned
Beach Boys. But then along comes the difficult bit and I'm a
goner. The story of my life. I can play the beginning of
several Echo and the Bunnymen classics on the guitar, as
well as the beginning of "Egyptian Reggae", but they all
have difficult bits sooner or later.

> I want one!

Well just wait until Sarah comes whizzing past on her roller
skates playing hers and leg her up. While the little birdies
are still flying round her head tweetinng merrily, grab her
Stylophone and run off

> Anyone got any good B&S promo ideas for the new EP?
> Outrageous,
> expensive, just eye-catching stuff, please mail the list!

Get the person who did the cartoon (on Andy's website) to do
another one, maybe the story so far or something, and print
up cute little comics instead of the usual CD inlay cards.
Also, produce the abominable cassette single, so that
Woolies don't have any excuse.

There, two reasonably sensible suggestions. I don't know
what's come over me.

> Cheers,
> Katrina.
>
> ps Peter, thanks for the gossip!!!

It's not gossip, it's from the official Rolf Harris website,
honest.

Peter