Sinister: promo a go-go

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 22 10:27:27 BST 1997

This one's a sure-fire christmas hit with the kiddies...

Belle and Sebastian action-figures!

What with the shortage of Spice Girl dolls this Chrimbo hard-pressed
parents will be happy for any pop star figures they can find. And
actuall fans will be be able to collect the whole set and create their
own shambolic concerts in the comfort of their own home! Just think of
all the excellent and easily lost accessories...mini star wars T-shirts,
tiny Stylophones, cellos, racks of keyboards. Further ideas welcomed....
And there should be a special limited edition Stuart Murdoch doll with a
string in the back that when you pull it goes "I was surprised, I was
happy for a ... um, errr. Oh.".

Soon Buzz Lighthousefamily, Leonardo di Caprio and the other turtles
will be eclipsed in the pantheon of merchandise by the clamour for fabby
belle and sebastian gear and the chance to do something pretty while you
can. Oh Joy!

One last thing. I think it's fine to include unreleased songs in your
personal top ten. It's your top ten and if you've heard a song and you
love it - stick it in. It doesn't mean that you're trying to be flash.
(Us Quakers are so bloody reasonable, eh)

And another last thing. Did you know Pastie was a word Engels used to
describe dinner round at Karl Marx's house? Not a lot of people know
that Karl Marx used to make exceedingly good cakes.

"Like your manifesto - I'll put it to the testo"

hot love
john
xxxx