Sinister: Promo ideas

Charlotte Hall Charlotte.Hall at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 22 18:53:02 BST 1997

     It needs to be something quirky and something which would be anathema
     to "the starmaker machinery behind the popular song". I bought a BMX
     bandits record once (shhh!) which had a little cartoon strip inside
     and someone had handwritten in pen on my copy "I love you very very
     much". I liked the personal element of this. I guess BMX Bandits sold
     a lot less records than B&S are going to be selling ... maybe it would
     be wholly impractical!

     Here are some other ideas.

     1. Bring back seventies car stickers! ELO did it, why not B&S? There
     should be a B&S sticker in the back of every car in the kingdom.

     2. Willy Wonka style "Golden CDs", 500 of which (e.g.) have a ticket
     inside entitling the holder to a trip to, er, the Grosvenor Cafe...

     3. Free flowers with every purchase.

     4. Free tickets for next B&S gig.

     5. Lifetime membership of Rolf Harris fan club.

     6. "Introduce a friend" discounts and bonus system.

     7. That's all.