Sinister: tour diary part 4

Andrew Dean Andrew.Dean at xxx.net
Wed Oct 22 13:18:49 BST 1997

melody maker, last week, blah blah

It's Chris. Aye.
Myself and Stuart went up to Harlem on Sunday. And went to
church. We got up quite early, after the show, and put our
smart clothes on and went on the tube to this gospel church.
It was amazing. The best music I've ever heard. And the
coolest people I've ever met, just totally friendly. And the
most ever religious feeling I've felt in a kind of religious
place. Totally awesome.
I wanted to get up and start shouting something when the
choir was singing, but the only thing i could think of was,
"F***ing hell, f***ing hell, this is amazing."
So I thought I'd better keep my mouth shut. I didn't think
they'd take too kindly to some wee guy jumping up shouting,
"F***ing hell". Afterwards, I walked back down all the way
through Central Park. I took my jacket off and was just
walking down with my suit on, walking in the sunshine with
all the joggers. It was great. Just a really good day. All
right. Bye, bye.

(tomorrow: richard, taxis, shops, diners, planes)

andy

(oh, no need for anyone to chip in with this anymore, i've
already transcribed parts 5 to 8 and just have to post
them.)(and that's the melody maker's censorship btw)