Sinister: pastie

Claire Timmins timminsc at xxx.ie
Wed Oct 22 12:40:15 BST 1997

 Out of severe boredom I took to searching the internet and decided to
enter 'pastie' in the seek window, this is what turned up as a definition.
I doubt its relevance to 'La pastie...' but hey, it's something to
read......especially the difference in the two definitions given.

pastie

/pay'stee/ /n./ An adhesive-backed label designed to be attached to a
key on a keyboard to indicate some non-standard character which
can be accessed through that key. Pasties are likely to be used in
APL environments, where almost every key is associated with a
special character. A pastie on the R key, for example, might remind
the user that it is used to generate the rho character. The term
properly refers to nipple-concealing devices formerly worn by
strippers in concession to indecent-exposure laws; compare tits on a
keyboard.