Sinister: LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT

G R Thomas grthom at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 22 13:19:40 BST 1997

OK, before I even start. That's 3 incorrect entries already, and as for
the latest one, obviously didn't read the book well enough. THE
BOURGOISIE IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT!!! THE MIDDLE CLASS. THE BOURGOISIE IS
THE UPPER, RULING OR OWNING CLASS. IN MARXIST
POLITICS/ECONOMICCS/SOCIOLOGY, THERE ARE 2(TWO) CLASSES-THE PROLETARIAT
(THE WORKERS) AND THE BOURGOISIE-(THE OWNERS OF THE
COMPANIES/INDUSTRIES THAT THE PROLETARIAT WORK IN), AND NO, I REPEAT NO
MIDDLE CLASS. THE BOURGOISIE ARE NOT THE MIDDLE CLASS, THEY ARE THE
OWNING OR UPPER CLASS.

OK. In a related aside, I looked up 'pastie' in a French/English
dictionary yesterday and the closest i could find was 'pastis' meaning
'aniseed aperitif' but also 'muddle, confusion or fix'.
Close, maybe...

Anyway, I'll come back soon with a nice message to properly introduce
myself, but for the moment I was stirred into action by a few people
getting a few important details essentially wrong.

Cheers,

love,

GIDEON THOMAS
(a name new to the list, but not to B+S)