Sinister: Seymour Stein

Miche�l O'Dwyer qhsmich at xxx.se
Wed Oct 22 13:24:01 BST 1997

Seeing as 'Seymour Stein' is making a few appearances in people's top
tens, I was wondering about the vocalist on this. I seem to remember
reading that this was one of the songs recorded for the last radio
session. Well, at the Barcelona gig, I am certain that Stevie took lead
vocalist duties for this song (and a damn fine job he did of it too). I
seem to remember a line that went something like "...said I reminded him
of Johnny from the Smiths".

So who sang on the radio session version? And are there any other
recorded tracks featuring different lead vocalists (besides Century of
Elvis)? And does anybody know the song that Isobel sang in Barcelona?
And does anybody from Spain know if the cameras present meant that the
gig was going to be broadcast on TV at a future date?

Oooh... So many questions, and not a top ten in sight (I'm still waiting
on my copy of 3,6,9..)

Mick