Sinister: Paul & promos

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Wed Oct 22 16:38:42 BST 1997

> a vast crowd that includes the Beatles, the Tindersticks, Nick Drake, the
>Smiths, Paul Simon, and the Lovin' Spoonful.
>
>     Paul Simon? Where did that one come from? anyone got any thoughts?>

Just FYI...I have been playing B&S nearly constantly since I arrived here
at school, and at least five different people who had never heard them
before told me that the sound was reminiscent of Paul Simon. Personally,
I'm not sure I see it, but hey...whatever butters your proverbial muffin, I
always say (or maybe proverbial pastie??).

As far as promos go, posters are always a good thing. universal appeal, I
think.

ta,
Amanda

--
Amanda Bergman
Northwestern University
a-bergman at nwu.edu

"At another table, a girl stared solemnly into her cup. Jim wished he
could've taken her picture. But then he was afraid that he might steal the
moment away from her."
--Belle and Sebastian