Sinister: LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT

Katrina at xxx.net> Katrina at xxx.net>
Thu Oct 23 10:49:52 BST 1997

G R Thomas wrote:

> OK, before I even start. That's 3 incorrect entries already, and as >
> for
> the latest one, obviously didn't read the book well enough. THE
> BOURGOISIE IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT!!! THE MIDDLE CLASS. THE BOURGOISIE IS
> THE UPPER, RULING OR OWNING CLASS. IN MARXIST
> POLITICS/ECONOMICCS/SOCIOLOGY, THERE ARE 2(TWO) CLASSES-THE > > PROLETARIAT
> (THE WORKERS) AND THE BOURGOISIE-(THE OWNERS OF THE
> COMPANIES/INDUSTRIES THAT THE PROLETARIAT WORK IN), AND NO, I REPEAT >
> NO
> MIDDLE CLASS. THE BOURGOISIE ARE NOT THE MIDDLE CLASS, THEY ARE THE
> OWNING OR UPPER CLASS.
> love,
>
> GIDEON THOMAS
> (a name new to the list, but not to B+S)

Ok, fair enough, there's no need to shout!  However, the "textbook"
definition doesn't always necessarily apply to artistes does it?  Well,
what I mean is, Stuart is allowed to interpret such words into his own
meaning (and language obviously :|), as I distinctively remember when he
and Isobel were staying at ours, and we first heard "Pastie" and asked
him what the title meant, he said " it's something like the apathy of
the middle-class".

He said it!  PROMISE!

Let's not be angry anymore ... please?

Cheers,