Sinister: Those lazy, hazy, crazy B&S moments

P. Miller / A. Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Oct 23 10:50:53 BST 1997

Here's my personal top twenty unforgettable Belle and Sebastian things:

1: on the rag/sleeping bag
2: my dad looks like elvis, etc...
3: that bit when George Michael goes "Ladies and
gentlemen....mister Elton John!"
4: free tea on the National Express
5: the mother of all forward slanting pudding basin haircuts

6: Anders, Anders, Anders and Anders stuck in a train on the
Forth bridge
7: Sarah's unfortunate experience with the Stylophone
8: Seeing the bloke in the local record shop scratching his
head over the little story inside IYFS
9: Hearing my girlfriend/wife/whatever singing "Judy..." without
realizing
it.
10: The "is that your dog then?" comment
11: The expression "oddball popsters"
12: The Jonesy/waiter incident in the little ink movie.
13: Somebody's tin of sweetcorn when it was raining.
14: Keith writing messages when he's pissed
15: Seeing the cover of the new EP for the first time
16: Getting to number 41 in the charts
17: Stuart M forgetting the words all the time
18: Stuart M asking for the lights to be turned on so he
could see the crowd in Barcelona. Absolutely no response
whatsoever. Looked a right plonker.
19: Richard's drum solo in said concert.
20: Hearing John Peel play "...Fakers" on his World Service
programme and follow it up with some "techno rubbish"

and there's more.....

Peter