Sinister: pop promo ponderings

mahmed at xxx.uk mahmed at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 23 11:55:02 BST 1997

If you want B&S to have maximum crossover appeal and reach out
to potential fans, then I suggest getting their songs onto
casettes and cds given away with music magazines from time to time.

That's how I discovered Teenage Fanclub and PJ Harvey through
the freebie casettes from Select magazine.

What do you think?

You can have them on 5 track compilation called "Stars of '97" for
the NME/MM/Select/Vox. Then you can reach the mature audience with
a B&S song on a cd compilation for Q/Mojo sandwiched between
Alanis Morrisette and John Hiatt. Don't forget the
drum'n'bass "temple of boom" mix by Goldie for Musik/Mixmag.
I'm not sure how to approach the heavy metal crowd.

Mussadiq