Sinister: Re: LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT

G R Thomas grthom at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 23 12:49:58 BST 1997

OK kids,
	First of all, I'm really sorry if my message came across as a
bit shouty or angry or nasty or whatever. This was never the intention
and I'm sorry.

Charlotte: you should have put that private mail on the list. Reading
it put me right in my place: Everyone-yeah, I feel very humbled, as
Charlotte pointed out that I did get the spelling wrong: bourgeoisie,
not bourgoisie. Sorry.

David, Italian, eh? I dunno. I thought it was French. Itdun'tmatter.

Katrina, you're absolutely right about the textbook definition of
something not necessarily applying to an artist/musician or whatever,
and I do believe you when you said what Stuart said. Obviously you know
more than I do, and Stuart can say and mean what he wants. If there has
been a mistake anywhere along the line, I don't know where it has come,
but perhaps there is a popular misconception (and please believe me
when I say that this is not a criticism of anyone) in the
'right'/'proper' meaning of the term. Maybe, perhaps, erm I'm trying
not to be nasty, er, erm...

Anyway, whatever 'Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie' actually means:
a) we can draw our own conclusions from the song (and I also reckon
that *all* the definitions and stories that have appeared on the list
are going some way to getting to an explanation)
and b) I love Belle and Sebastian, and so by the looks of things do
quite a number of other people. Respect to each and everyone on this
marvellous list.

Again, I'm sorry (it was a rush of blood or summut)

Love,

GIDEONxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx