Sinister: namecheck

John jmf at xxx.net
Thu Oct 23 15:14:42 BST 1997

>On Oct. 10 during the final encore song of the night, pavement played
>the Velvet Underground's "What goes On."  During the song lead singer
>Malkmus changed some words and sang "bells in the air/bells in the
>sky/belle and sebastian/I hope you don't die."  I am sure others at
>the show picked up the reference, I am not sure how many others it
>made smile.
>
>Thought someone might be interested.

smile? surely this sort of thing ought to make any full-stomached human feel
a touch queasy. Sharply spotted, though.

slightly off-topic, but connected by way of someone's suggestion for a
promo-stunt (cover discs, to build up a fanbase of dedicated freeloaders),
did anyone get the free Time Out CD earlier this year? It had a little
number called Windsor Park by someone called Alfred which was fairly superb
(though the rest of it was the usual pile of pants). If anyone knows who the
christ alfred is, I'd be grateful.

cheers.

http://www.turns-anything.into.a-hyperlink.com/