Sinister: Promo ideas

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 23 16:29:31 BST 1997

P.Miller wrote:
>I've got a Peel Sessions EP or LP by Stereolab, PJ Harvey
>and The Faith Healers. It has got a hand painted squiggle on
>it by one of the band members. One day I'm going to take it
>to an art expertŠ

I've got a 10"LP thingy full of strange music by the likes of
The Tinklers, Daniel Johnston, Half Japanese etcŠ

Anyway, it came with a small brown paper bag (practical and above
all CHEAP) which has a silkscreened illustration thingy on the
outside. Inside is a collection of small printed cards like those
that wee kids use to learn their ABC, except the featured letter
on a card is the first letter of the name of one of the bands.
The reverse has information about the band.

B&S could adapt this sort of idea making really nice cards - they
won't have to be full colour or anything - and could have info on
each band member (mind you that would burst the bag!) or just things
that they think are cool (or anything at all, come to think of it).
The outside of the bag could have another cool picture on it.

You could even have a bag that could fit in with a CD.

How about a Belle & Sebastian 10" - I like 10" singles :-).

I don't think Picture discs are such a good idea as sound quality
generally suffers.
Coloured vinyl is better, glittery bits etc. even more so.

Byee!

Paul <plaird at ndirect.co.uk>

"Go to work on an Egg" - The Egg Marketing Board