Sinister: State of confusion

DaveNicoll DaveNicoll at xxx.com
Fri Oct 24 12:42:14 BST 1997

<< Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that the melody of "The State I
Am
 In" is almost exactly the same as Dylan's "I Want You"?   Especially in the
 chorus.

 [Keith Watson]
 Right enough my flatmate pointed that out to me in the pub about a year ago -
but it's really only the little bit at the end of the chorus though.

 Keith. >>

Ah but Keith have you ever tried singing from the beginning of the chorus
after listening to La-La-La-Lies on The Who's My Generation album.
Unfortunately this is a song imprinted on my mind long before B&S came into my
life and I am now unable to even hum the chorus of The State I Am In without
it going wrong after the first line, leaving me unable to share this fine
refrain with my companions.

I'll demonstrate this affliction in The Egg next week if your Belle &
Sebastian "meeting" is still on?

David.