Sinister: you crazy critters

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Sat Oct 25 00:06:36 BST 1997

I don't know what to make of all this.  As a new arrival to the list,
I'm slightly bemused by all this heated political debate on the
subject.  Surely, a little patience is required, I'm confident it'll
come out in its entirety in one place, no crazy bsides, extra CDs for
the select few.  I have a certain degree of faith in the group.

All this fuckin elitism about how it can't come out in the original
sleeve, well that's for the purists only.  The important thing is that
we have beautiful new songs like 'Modern Rock Song' or 'Slow Graffiti'
(or is it one f two t's, I can never remember) to look forward to.
'Tigermilk' is great, but we can wait...

Top tens are impossible but I love their spontaneity

1	Modern Rock Song
2	Seeing other people
3	Lazy Line Painter Jane
4	Stars of Track and Field
4	Slow Graffiti
5	I could be dreaming
6	Judy and the dream of horses
7	Belle and Sebastian
8	Sleep the clock around
9	String Bean Jane
10	I don't love anyone

As for ripping off bob Dylan, or whatever the pastie may mean, yeah
yeah...all I know is that like the Go B's, the Pastels or hell, the
Shangri-las, they're one of the few groups whose lyrics combine the
astral and the apparently banal and can fit into any emotional
situation the incurable romantic may find himself in.  'Seeing other
people' may be a gay anthem, but it means something altogether
different and altogether more personal to me.  And that dear friends
is their beauty....

Goodnight young lovers xxx