Sinister: Saturday Superstore

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Sun Oct 26 09:36:07 GMT 1997

> My fantastic idea is to release bits of
> Tigermilk, some
> demos, some radio sessions and whatever else
> comes to mind,
> as a Hatful of Hollow style stop-gap release. I
> think Hatful
> of Hollow is the best Smiths album, because it's
> all jumbled
> up and got a nice picture in the middle.

yeah, think that's a nice idea, but it wouldn't be
worth it until after the NEXT LP... they need to
have that charting LP to get them the kudos to do
such a thing.  (and remember, when HOH came out,
the Simths had already had a top twenty single...)

> That's it really. Bit rubbish I'm afraid.

but only a bit :-)

> I've also decided that nice paper or cardboard
> is more
> important than any gimmicky promotional tricks.

ooh yes, for sure.  Make an interesting package
for the records and you'll get people's interst
for sure.  Or at least all the designers.  I do
think they need to break out of that Smithsy/80s
indie style on their sleeves though.  Sigh, much
as i like them and all...  They could do booklet
sleeves, where there's a story in the centre pages
or something, like those Sugarfrost 7"s of a few
years back.  And i remember Friends Again having a
double 7" with booklet in the middle, lots of nice
photos of them aorund Hamilton and Glasgow.  And a
great Fraser Taylor cover design.
that's all...

the duke

--