Sinister: TOP 10 RESULTS

hugh.atkins at xxx.net hugh.atkins at xxx.net
Sun Oct 26 11:37:55 GMT 1997

Thanks to all who sent their lists in, including the last minute ones
this morning!

The results were calculated using the famous EUROVISION SONG CONTEST
SCORING METHOD ie 10 pts for first choice, 9 points for second etc.

Apart from the top ten songs, I also used the lists to determine the
following information -

TIGERMILK is slightly more popular than IF YOU'RE FEELING SINISTER, and
the three EP's are in this order of popularity:

3. 3,6,9 seconds...
2. LLPJ
1. Dog on wheels

It seems that most people have a copy of Tigermilk, but those who don't
voted like this:

10.	DOG ON WHEELS
9.	FOX IN THE SNOW
8.	YOU MADE ME FORGET MY DREAMS
7.	BELLE AND SEBASTIAN
6.	STRING BEAN JEAN
5.	LIKE DYLAN IN THE MOVIES
4.	GET ME AWAY I'M DYING
3.=	SEEING OTHER PEOPLE
3.=	STARS OF TRACK AND FIELD
2.	JUDY AND THE DREAM OF HORSES

1.	THE STATE I AM IN

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...............

THE OFFICIAL B&S TOP TEN SONGS (including all songs, released and
unreleased)

10.=	LE PASTIE...
10.=	PHOTO JENNY
10.=	WE RULE THE SCHOOL

9.	LLPJ

8.	JUDY AND THE DREAM OF HORSES

7.=	BELLE AND SEBASTIAN
7.=	STRING BEAN JEAN

6.	EXPECTATIONS

5.	SEEING OTHER PEOPLE

4.	MY WANDERING DAYS ARE OVER

3.	GET ME AWAY I'M DYING

2.	SHE'S LOSING IT

1.	THE STATE I AM IN

Of the unreleased songs that received votes, MODERN ROCK SONG is the
most popular.

I could probably do some more in-depth analysis with the all the
results, but I was crap at maths in school and you probably don't care
anymore now that the final 'chart' has appeared.

And before anyone asks, the song that received the least votes ?

There wasn't one. We love all the songs, don't we...