Sinister: School dinners

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Sun Oct 26 19:00:16 GMT 1997

I think the idea of performing in schools is a great one.
The kids would like it, except the awkward ones at the back
who hate everything, and it would give the teachers a nice
rest. The band would benefit from publicity in all the local
papers.

At my school (a long time ago) we had a visit from a
christian rock band. I was sitting in the back row with my
preconceptions and along they came with a song called
"Sitting in the Back Row with your Preconceptions". It was
rubbish. They also took the piss out of Motorhead for being
poor musicians. But the teachers had a nice rest.

I'm also in favour of a "crap" towns tour. People in remote
outposts are usually gagging for a bit of rock and roll. I
know I am. A tour of the highlands and islands would be good
too. Plenty of press coverage and a good time for all. Or
village fetes or something like that. Church bazaars.
Anything a bit different really. They'll be time enough for
the NEC later. There's loads of arts centres as well. I'm
sure the Burton Brewhouse would welcome a well-scrubbed
bunch like Belle and Sebastian.

Have they disappeared without trace from the only chart that
counts?

Nice to hear from Thailand.

Peter