Sinister: mmm... tastes like spam

plaird plaird at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 28 00:23:51 GMT 1997

Dr C B Stride wrote this on 27/10/97:
>To all those in the vicinity of Sheffield, UK
>
>This Saturday night.....
>

>     OFFBEAT -  a real indiepop night.......
>
> with late bar, free lollipops and request sheets

etc.etc.

> Playing......Classic Indie, Punk POP 1977-1997 and C86/C96/new
> underground of indiepop.....
>
> HEAVENLY-HELEN LOVE-SHOP ASSISTANTS-PIXIES-BODINES
> DWEEB-CHAMELEONS-PASTELS-REM-SMITHS-CUD-PAVEMENT
> FALL- BLUR-JAM-HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT-TALULAH GOSH
> SUPER FURRY ANIMALS-ELASTICA-CURVE-URUSEI YATSURA-
> BOGSHED-TIGER-SNUFF-DEAD KENNEDYS-PWEI-CARTER USM
> STEREOLAB-CHINA DRUM-BLAGGERS ITA- BUZZCOCKS-BIS
> WEDDING PRESENT-ASH-BELLE&SEBASTIAN-SONIC YOUTH-

etc

I'm sorry, but isn't this just spam?.
Since I've been on this list this guy has sent this advert about
four times, not once adding anything to this list that I can
remember. Now I know there are a few of us on the list who may
run or frequent clubs that play B&S, but these have been only
mentioned in relation to discussions or the imminent release of
a B&S single.
I operate a club that plays B&S. I won't say what or where it is
since many of you on the list have kindly done that for me already
(many thanks in particular to Keith). I wouldn't dream of spamming
the list with an ad for it!!!

Maybe I'm being finicky, but I'd rather download even the most
trivial B&S related mail than Dr Stride's monthly efforts.

Byee,

Paul <plaird at ndirect.co.uk>

"Go to work on an ***" - *** *** Marketing Board