Sinister: Those B&S moments (continued)

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Mon Oct 27 10:00:22 GMT 1997

21 The missing link between Belle and Sebastian and Lemurs.

I haven't seen the site yet, but if it's got all the little
stories from the sleeves on, I'll be jumping for joy in a
lemur-like fashion.

It's ironic isn't it? All this time and no-one has so much
as mentioned our ape brothers and sisters and then on the
same day someone says they don't give a monkey's what Belle
and Sebastian look like, and then they are honoured with
their own webpage on leftover lemur space. One small step
for Belle and Sebastian....

I agree with what the person said about overseas
distribution. Although mail order is available, it's not the
same. Going into a shop and buying a new record is a very
Pop experience (probably) whereas sitting around waiting for
the postman isn't. Well, it's less fun anyway. I'm not sure,
but I think quite a few bands do very well financially just
by being available. The reviews are always uncannily good
for records that you can actually buy. Plus the reviewers
don't have to resort to copying stuff out of the NME. And
it's not just independant labels. I've been quite heartenend
to see that people in Britain and Ireland have the same
problems as me. I thought it was "worldwide release date
except for Gipuzkoa" but it looks like it's more widespread.

Rant over.

Peter