Sinister: Another great idea - not -not

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 29 10:18:50 GMT 1997

Klas Ericsson wrote:

> About the promoideas:
>
> I ´m in it for the extra CD idea. But maybe not
> Tigermilk - how about a dub
> verison of "Slow Grafitti" (title of the next
> album, eh?) instead, just
> like Primal Screams "Echo Dek". How lovely
> wouldn´t a dub version of "Sleep
> the clock around" turn out? Or a drum n´bass
> version.

yeah, a d'n'b remix by the ubiquitous Photek
perhaps!?  Or Goldie, or Boymerang.  yawn.
Personally i'd go for getting MAtrix to have a go,
but that's just my humblest of humble opinions,
and i realise that 90% of you haven't a clue what
i'm on about so i'll shut up.

> Or perhaps a genuine
> country version featuring Johnny Cash... Or
> Willie Nelson...

or Merle Haggard!  Is Merle still of this earth?
Anyone know?  Tim perhaps?  Have you heard his 'If
We Make It Through December'?  It's a fucking
glorious song that will make you weep.  Now, B&S
doing THAT would be fantastic.  Maybe they could
do a shared EP, doing versions of each other's
songs (Buddah On The Moon and The Steinbecks did
this to good effect).

> Coolest of all: A crooner version. Maybe B&S
> could hire in Scott Walker.
> Think about the great man starting to sing "Now
> listen sonny...". Vibrato
> heaven!

or Jack Jones!  My mum likes Jack Jones :-)

> Sorry. Had a bad weekend:-)

sounds like a great weekend to me :-)

> Next competition: Most unlikely artist to cover
> Belle And Sebastian.
> How about that?

Thunder.  (both the rock and drum'n'bass
versions...)

all thought out.

the duke

--