Sinister: NME article

jason sweeney goldenboy at xxx.net
Wed Oct 29 13:44:55 GMT 1997

>"From afar, their success looks like a triumph for principled actions, up
>close it looks like an accident of bad behaviour. After all, here is a band
>who seem to object to doing interviews and photographs simply because they
>can't be bothered rather than because of any radical manifesto. It's hardly
>punk rock is it? Still it's their prerogative."

and it is. it's all about an angle for the journalist. "ooh, lets see what
kind of dirt we can fling at the talent cos i've got to protect the fact
the fact that i don't possess any...". which may be slightly unfair, and
not actually an intentional general swipe at music journalism, but b&s are
more attractive to me for their mysteriousness ... um, portishead seem to
do similar things ... in fact, may bands are forced into that position of
anonymity ... b&s maintain their sophistication and it's just their way of
dealing with the "other" aspect of making music and the gaining of POPularity.

>remember Dexys used to take out adverts instead of doing interviews, but it
>does seem to smack of paranoia...

paranoics of the world unite. unite and take over.

jason xo

--thus ends-->
another pleasurecraft transmission
gpo box 1569