Sinister: I started something...

Neil Hargreaves 9607129h at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 28 13:40:18 GMT 1997

Chris Worth said....

I wasn't really thinking when I said that Tigermilk should not be re -
released. I think I just felt like saying something a bit
controversial, especially after having felt a bit pissed off about the
Manics / Smiths comment.

[neil h]

Oh, oh. As the person who made the Manics/Smiths comments in question
and therefor inadvertently inspired such a domino sequence of people
getting mad I think I owe you all an apology. But by way of
explanation...
Last year I was starting to use the internent properly and I left a
message on a Smiths list that went saomething like...
Hey boys and girls, this is my first message so I hope its OK....
and then went on to ask a question about Paint A Vulgure Picture.
And then all these people just jumped on me for using the misogynist
word girl... for not knowing that Paint a Vulgur Picture absolutlely
is/ is not about the Smiths...
So it was maybe a bit of a generalisation and I did not mean to imply
that all Smiths Manics fans are like that (cos I probably fall into
both catagories) and I fell really gulty and I'm reallly sorry...
So apologies to you all and Chris especially and I'll think about
what I'm saying more in future...

Sorry again,
neil