Sinister: please god no don't let it be true

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Wed Oct 29 20:30:14 GMT 1997

I don't know if anyone remembers this but it's been causing me
sleepless nights.  When asked about their influences, one member (I
forget who), replied 'does Eric Cantona think about George Best when
he puts one past Liverpool' (or words to that effect).  Surely this
obviously tasteless remark showing apparent sympathy with the evil red
scum that strut around week after week, and their pathetic following
smugly occupying the bars of the Home Counties cannot go unpunished.
A misquote perhaps 'Surely Gio Kinkladze doesn't think about Sir
Francis Lee when he's putting one past err..Swindon'.  I hope we can
ensure that this obvious faux pas is never repeated.