Sinister: dreadful truth

Johnston, John CT John.Johnston at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 30 09:28:13 GMT 1997

I must stand shoulder to shoulder with Nicola when the firing squad
takes aim. I love Monica Queen's bit on LLPJ and I must confess to a
youthful affinity to the oeuvre of Deacon Blue. Truth will out!

The thing about Monica's bit on LLPJ is that it's so not Belle &
Sebastian. Which makes it all the more great. Like the crazy keyboards
on the as yet unreleased (how cool am i??) Tigermilk [the track not the
mysterious lost album of the Incas] when they played it at Oxford; it
was like a new texture or new dimension to their sound. Suddenly the
band were rocking, or even rockin' (blimey!). That's what I love about
B&S - so much variety yet with a clear common thread that keeps their
work coherent.

hot love

john
xx