Sinister: catologue numbers

mahmed at xxx.uk mahmed at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 30 10:59:47 GMT 1997

Johnston, John CT wrote:

> I must stand shoulder to shoulder with Nicola when the firing squad
> takes aim. I love Monica Queen's bit on LLPJ and I must confess to a
> youthful affinity to the oeuvre of Deacon Blue. Truth will out!

I have to confess in seeing Deacon Blue before they made it big.
They were supporting my fave band at the time, Bruce Hornsby and the
Range. Couldn't be helped, I was (and still am) tempted by those
melodic, piano riffs.

Has anyone noticed the catologue numbers on the BandS output?
Off the top of my head, they are:

sinister lp   jprcd001    (jeepster cd number 1)
dogs ep       jprcds001   (jeepster cd single number 1)
lazyjane ep   jprcds002   (jeepster cd single number 2)
963 ep        jprcds003   (jeepster cd single number 3)

That would imply that Jeepster has only released product by BandS.
So does Jeepster have any other artists on their roster or
is it a vehicle for BandS (similar to what Stereolab have) ?

How long have Jeepster being around and who owns it and how did
they attract BandS?

I'm just curious.

Oh, before you all have a go at me for taking note of record
catologue numbers (not as bad as my friend who learnt by rote
all the numbers of Police singles), it's my job to examine and
analyse numerical output, looking for trends and patterns and asking
relevant questions, etc...

Mussadiq