Sinister: selling out

Peter Miller and/or Arantxa Ubieta oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Oct 30 13:53:42 GMT 1997

duke of harringay wrote:

> Ian MacDonald wrote:
>
> > Going back to first principles , this is
> > obviously true. I shall now
> > gleefully burn all my records and never again
> > part with my ill-gotten loot
> > to encourage any musician down the road to
> > capitalist capitulation.
> >
> > May the likes of B&S never share their wonderful
> > wares with the world ever
> > again!!!
>
> nice to see someone acting in a responsible manner
> for once.  we need more of this kind of behaviour
> in our quest to rid the world of the evil beast
> that is, erm, what was it tim said, the
> homogenising muscle of the entertainmentindustry.
> burn your collections of media and get around the
> old joanna for a grand sing song.

We're looking for a job......

> whip up a
> storm.  but don't let the neighbours hear or
> you'll get them hurling abuse at you for selling
> out as you tidy the lawn.

There's a quotation from somebody called Jack Brewer inside
the cover of a Sonic Youth album:
"Once the music leaves your head it's already compromised."

I don't have many plans in life, but I'm hoping to one day
have the oppurtunity to sell out. Then I immediately set to
work trying to become a sad old parody of myself.

Peter