Sinister: The Meaning of Pop

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Fri Oct 31 01:28:59 GMT 1997

>  The song "Cecelia" reminds me of when I
>  went on a school trip to Butlin's Barry Island. We did
>  parachute jumps from training towers (just like Action Man)
>  under the supervision of soldiers. "Cecilia" was on the
>  radio as they yelled at me to get in position to jump off.
>  The soldiers were singing, but instaed of the real words
>  they sang, "Cecilia, you're breaking my fart" which was
>  quite disconcerting at that age.

Not to turn this into a list about a small guy with a bad haircut, but this
reminded me about when I was young and silly (as opposed to old & silly).  My
friend & I used to drive to Alice Cooper's house, a huge stucco mansion with
a cement roof, set up on a hill (rumor was there was a huge pit dug in the
living room).  We would leave bizarre things like stuffed parrots and
fireworks on his gate.  We believed that, if we heard the song "Kodachrome"
on the way to the house, we wouldn't get caught trespassing.

Oh -- I can indeed relate this to B&S:  The person who first played IFYS for
me also confessed to driving by Alice Cooper's house, only he had to drive
about 30 miles to get there, and was always in trouble for taking his
parents' car so far.

Sorry to reminisce.