Sinister: It's all gone quiet

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Fri Oct 31 17:06:03 GMT 1997

Hello, hello, anyone there.

Sorry, I'm bored at work and everyone's gone home except me cos I have
to make up my hours, so I'm staying late....and it's gone a bit quiet
out there.

What did you all think about the NME interview then?  I've seen a
couple of letters, one vaguely damning, one 'concerned'.  I thought it
was ace.  They obviously turned up with an agenda and an
indie-schmindie pigeonhole and got egg on their faces when B&S refused
to play ball.  Maybe upsetting the all-powerful trend-setting,
band-breaking NME was a 'bad career move' (hardly surprising for a
group who turned down the Radiohead support because they had a church
coffee morning to organise), but really it gave me a great deal of
pleasure to read of these philistines being made to wait in the rain.
I occasionally put pen to paper for IPC myself (film reviews mostly),
and I still thought it was funny.

At the end of the day, the kids always understand, and the power of
word of mouth can beat any sour grapes NME may have in the future.
We'll make sure of that, won't we?

Love Tag xxx