Sinister: It's all gone quiet

Lucy Munro lucy.munro at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 31 23:49:24 GMT 1997

Sitting in a computer room in a quiet college...

> What did you all think about the NME interview then?

Hmmm.  The first time I read it I was vaguely annoyed, and amused at
the same time.  I must admit that a few of the NME writers regularly
wind me up (Steven Wells, John Perry when he got at Sarah Bleach
in a live review of Comet Gain for having bad skin; which aside from
anything else she hasn't) & the whole attitude of the guy who wrote
this was condescending in the extreme.  "Ahh, these poor little
naive people who think they can snub NME".  The part at the end when
he started making veiled threats about the kind of impression the
rest of the band were making behind Stuart Murdoch's back was
slightly sad.  BTW, in the "what we love about B&S stakes" did
anyone mention "when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up"
line in She's Losing It?  Always gets to me, that one.

Lucy

Lucy Munro
lucy.munro at kcl.ac.uk