Sinister: Bloke depression

The Spod the.spod at xxx.com
Sat Oct 18 22:54:43 BST 1997

----------
From: 	Madame Cholet[SMTP:barzy at xxx.com]
Sent: 	18 November 1997 09:34
To: 	sinister at majordomo.net
Subject: 	Re: Sinister: Bloke depression

Thanks for using NetForward!
http://www.netforward.com
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

>Dear person,
>
>I had serious bloke depression and now I'm listening to Belle and
>Sebastian, drinking port, feeling full of cheap doughnuts and I'm okay.
>That's how I use music.  For me, it's not about being a complete muso,
>it's about tuning in.
>
>Much love

Word up sister...I *SO* heard that one. I am SO overwhelmed in bloke
depression there ain't enough port in the states to sail this
ship.....Belle & Sebastian (along with a little rain) seem to make it worse
and better all at once....Like soaking in it or something....A bit of brie
wouldn't hurt neither.

*sigh*

beth

What about us poor men? I'm am in serious GIRL depression at the moment and I find Gin & Tonic with Belle & Sebastian to be a much better comfort than port (will have to go buy doughnuts tomorrow). You are definitely right, music is a great thing to take solace in, it's not about how old or young you are but what you feel inside, a sort of externalization of your mental state. Why would it be otherwise that Beth (and myself) both feel better and worse for listening? I guess what ppl get from music is always a personal thing but that it has an effect is the important thing no matter what your age (even if you listen to Chris de Burgh on an expensive hi-fi).

I don't really know why I wrote this it just felt necessary???

help I've lost it now

dan
    xxxx