Sinister: File service for the mailing list

Honey psm at xxx.net
Mon Sep 1 17:27:05 BST 1997

I've set up quickly a rudimentary service to allow you to retrieve files
relevant to the mailing list via email.  *** This is relevant only to people
who don't have WWW access!! ***  Please if anyone falls into this category
let me know if this will useful and I will keep it updated.

At the moment all I've included is the chord tabs to the songs on the WWW
page and the intro/FAQ.  To see what's there send mail as usual to
"majordomo at majordomo.net" and use the command:

index sinister

or

index sinister-digest

in the body of the message.  If you see a file you like send the command

get sinister <filename>

etc.

I suspect there won't be much interest for this - surely everyone has WWW
access now?  I only did it cos it was easy - but if there is interest let me
know.  I can promise all you people with WWW access who have seen my WWW
page for the list it isn't worth bothering with so please don't try as the
info's all there already!

Thanks all for your continued interest in the mailing list and if there's
any improvements people can think of drop me a line...

Oh, and I promised to keep in step with the consensus view of list content.
This is swinging a little towards more chit-chat on the list - tangential
discussions from a B&S base!  I think this is because of the decrease of
mails to a more steady level after the initial rush - so please feel free to
warble away.

Paul
owner-sinister at majordomo.net