Sinister: Feeble attempt to start some conversation...

Stuart Gardiner SKG at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 8 15:21:34 BST 1997

I got a great new album today, "Come Again", it's various EMI artists
covering songs by old EMI artists. Highlights include Sparklehorse/Thom
Yorke doing Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", Foo Fighters doing Gerry
Rafferty's "Baker Street", a hilarious version of Glen Campbell's
"Rhinestone Cowboy" by White Town, and poet Murray Lachlan Young giving
a rendition of "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" by Manfred Mann (!).

Anyway, I digress. It started me thinking which songs B&S would
(hypothetically) do good cover versions of. The best I've come up with
so far are "Waterloo Sunset" or "Up The Junction", but I'm sure someone
out there can do better than that. Any suggestions welcome. At least
then we'll have something to read / argue about...