Sinister: Variety box

Stuart Gardiner SKG at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 10 09:51:08 BST 1997

Various points from the last few days;

1. It is perfectly possible to avoid the new "Candle In The Wind" by
either finding a decent radio station (like London's new XFM, which
plays alternative music all day), or by just not listening to the radio.
I managed to miss the whole of Diana's funeral by being in bed
recovering from the night before...

2. Re cover versions. How about "Ziggy Stardust" or even Abba's "The
Winner Takes It All"? B&S could do a very different and extremely good
version of either.

3. For those who weren't listening / don't live in Britain, the Evening
Session played B&S's session version of "Sleep the Clock Around" (at
least I think that's what it was called) last night. It sounds like a
very promising song, but unfortunately I couldn't make out any of the
lyrics at all. Anyone help? Oh, and who was doing the female backing
vocals? Whoever it was had a much better voice than Monica Queen.

4. Is anyone out there going to the Camden Crawl next week?

Stuart G