Sinister: xfm

Stip / Blue Music Stip at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 10 15:08:46 BST 1997

>Keith Watson Wrote:

>Anyway - last I heard about XFM, their idea of "alternative" music was
>like Carter USM and Ned's Atomic Dustbin - if that's alternative then
>I'm sticking with Genesis.

I agree, Keith - it looks like xfm might be a bit of a let-down - I know
it's early days, but I'd hoped the playlist might be a bit more
inspiring. Still, I've heard the new arab strap single a couple of times
which is a step, albeit a small one, in the right direction. In saying
that, I've heard it more often on Radio One, which kind of flattens my
point.

Still, xfm played Teenage Fanclub's 'God Knows It's True' this morning,
so they can't be all bad. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong programmes -
has anyone come across a more encouraging slot?

--
Nicola M
Stip / Blue Music