Sinister: XFM

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 10 16:54:44 BST 1997

I don't know who said XFM wasn't very alternative but I have heard
Man Or Astroman, Cha Cha Cohen, Elastica and countless other
wonderful tunes on it...Keith Cameron (is it him or Tommy Udo I can never
remember) who does the late night prog plays good stuff...

[Keith Watson]

I can't really comment now as I'm only talking about the time a few years ago when they ran the pilot. I don't doubt that they play some good stuff, the problem is that some people make the following premise:

	Alternative = Good
	Mainstream = Crap

Whereas I try to make the distinction more like:

	Good = Good
	Crap = Crap

It's based on a lemma which states that 99.9% of ALL styles of music are crap - no matter where you look.

Belle and sebastian Belle and Sebastian Belle and Sebastian