Sinister: Sessions at West 54th Street

Jackson,John john.jackson at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 10 19:02:45 BST 1997

Hello.
Me and Rachel were at that taping too, we waited in line from about 215
 until 4ish
before we went in, we were quite near the front...
they seemed to cock up quite a few times but it was still cool..
Stuart Murdoch at one point said "anyone here from Britain", I kind of
 shouted out
"I am" to which he looked at me, looked away and said "It's great
 innit" and carried
on with the set..
Rachel and I were surprised though when the drummer who was taking pics of the
band turned and took a pic of us..though maybe it wasn't of us..
The set was far too short though it gave us a chance to hear some of
 the new songs
again just in time for the Angel Orensanz Sunday gig where they seemed
 'like old
friends' we HAD met.
Favourite new song is the Loneliness of the Middle Distance
 Runner...good stuff.
I even like Lazy Jane now, that's cos I've seen it twice in a row
 without Monica
singing...I prefer the Stuart solo version...

The actual programme appears to be on Sat nights at 10 ish on WNET which is
channel 13 on their cable thing, I watched the Daniel Lanois one that
 Saturday..

B&S is supposed to be shown late November...

JJ