Sinister: true fan committee

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 10 19:16:50 BST 1997

> << If he was a true fan, he would have come up
> with something more
> coherent than "their songs are like old friends
> you haven't met yet." >>
>
> Can somebody tell me when the "True Fan
> Committee" meets next, I was
> thinking maybe I would apply...

you're all going to be feeling mighty pissed when
B&S make the 'real' charts and they run pictures
and gossip in the teen mags and 15 year old
girlies and boys start wearing B&S badges (hey!
the kids in my art class want the badges because
they look cool and brown is the 'in' colour this
season!) and shirts.  Of course we'll all be
mooching around saying how they aren't as good as
they used to be (even/especially if/when they are
miles better), we'll be wearing our copies of
Tigermilk on our sleeves (or making up stories
about how your copy got nicked at at a party once,
which explains the gap in your collection) and
trying to convince everyone that, no, really, that
dodgy band from Durham that were inspired by and
who just sound a bit like B&S are actually
BETTER.  No shit.

Looking forward to that day immensely so i can
laugh at myself.

the duke

ps: does anyone think that it's the Stray Cats
when the new green day record starts?  only saying
this because i'm forced to listen to the evening
session show this week... yikes.

--
Tangents On-Line
http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/