Sinister: Feeling sinister about djs

Stuart Gardiner SKG at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 11 11:30:28 BST 1997

Non-British readers may as well give this one a miss...

>That Greening bloke is really shit.  I've ended up just listening to CD's
>in the morning.  I'll tune in again when Mark and Lard return.  Although
>they're morning show is a watered down, mainstreamed version of the old
>nightime slot.
>
>I look forward to the day they go back to doing to late show.  Playing the
>music they want to play, and getting rid of that old git Peel and his
>crappy techno rubblish for good.
>
>At least you folks in London have a half decent alternative with XFM.  The
>thing is, they need to get as many listeners as posible, which means
>playing the most mainstream indie.  I'd still prefer that to the spice
>girls, elton john etc.
>
>John S.

I've been really disappointed with the Radcliffe breakfast show
actually. The music's far too standard - he has been known to play the
Spice Girls and other crimes against humanity. The best bit about his
evening shows was always the five minute rants about various topics,
which were frequently hilarious, but that seems to have been labeled as
too risky for daytime. At least Kevin Greening is still funny in the
mornings (and occasionally wonderfully surreal). But then, anything is
an improvement on the Ginger Twat.