Sinister: more on the NY taping...

Ciflux at xxx.com Ciflux at xxx.com
Thu Sep 11 16:44:22 BST 1997

I know this has been discussed to death, but...

<< > I had the recent fortune of being able to attend the perhaps now fabled
 > Sessions on 54th taping of Belle and Sebastian.

Me too.  My girlfriend Callie and I were there, sitting right behind the
drummer.  (It was funny watching him take pictures in between songs.)
 Strangely, I've heard some *very* mixed reviews about this taping.  How
could anyone not have felt privileged and honored to be there?  Sure, they
played mostly new songs, but by Sunday night, they'd already become lodged in
my head as new favorites.  And certainly they were more awkward and fumbling
than at Angel Orensanz, but that seemed entirely appropriate to both the
situation and B&S themselves.  I'm confident that even the most cynical
attendees will be bragging to their grandchildren about having been there :).

I found out later that Beck was scheduled to do a taping the very next
afternoon.  If only I'd known, I'd have been on the phone to Sony Studios in
search of passes for that, too!

mike appelstein
ciflux at aol.com