Sinister: The mailing list formerly known as being about B&S

oc245d8aff at xxx.net oc245d8aff at xxx.net
Thu Sep 11 20:06:52 BST 1997

Those outside the UK who want to listen to a sad old git playing techno
rubbish should get hold of a short wave radio, stick your ariel out of
the kitchen window and tune into the BBC World Service at 0830 GMT on
Fridays. I do it every week. When I remember, that is.

Maybe it is going a bit too far to talk to talk about DJs, but as a UK
citizen living abroad I was genuinely curious as to whether or not the
aforementioned sad old git had played B&S or not. Strange but true.
Those nonplussed by the conversation can easily delete the messages
without reading them, provided they have a clear subject line. For the
record, it's the first time I've felt slightly...erm..."annoyed" by any
postings to this list. I really am quite fond of John Peel and I enjoy
his tangential talk about his family and so on. And I also think he
genuinely likes the music he plays, techno rubbish or not. So hip hip
hooray for John Peel.

With subscribers from all over the world ( France, Spain, USA, Brazil,
anymore?) some messages are bound to exclude some readers. I don't think
this should be a problem if we all just bear in mind that different
people have different needs and so on and so on into the philosophical
night...

There, that was a rare outbreak of maturity from me. Must go and have a
lie down.

All the best,

Peter